October 29 - November 3, 2015
Deposit of $1000 reserves space on the trip. Balance due no later than September 15, 2015.
Cancellation deadline is June 1, 2015 with a 20% surcharge.
$2700 per person
Join us for a FABulous tour of Los Angeles with Bob as your guide! LA is home to five world class museums, a plethora of historic buildings (many of which have been featured in film and on television), and dozens of top rated restaurants! Register in advance as space on this trip is limited. We'll spend six nights in the fabulous Millenium Biltmore Hotel. The first two days will be concentrated in the Downtown LA Area, with its numerous museums, City Hall, the Music Center, the Bradbury Building and more! We'll travel by luxury coach to many of the sights. Each day will offer several hours of free time to explore and then dine together nightly with optional performances post dinner.
Included in the fare is air transportation to and from LA, lodging (classic single/double room), coach ground transportation for group from hotel to museums, museum admission, and one breakfast meal at The Pantry.
Here are some of the great things LA has to offer:
Five world class museums:
• The Getty Museum
• Museum of Contemporary Art
• The Broad Museum
• Los Angeles County Museum of Art
• and the Museum of Natural History at Exposition Park—the site of the 1932 and 1984 Olympic games
A plethora of historic buildings, many of which have been featured in
film and on television including:
• The Theme Building at LAX
• The Bradbury Building (Blade Runner)
• Los Angeles City Hall (home of The Daily Planet in the Superman TV series)
• The Orpheum, Los Angeles, AceTheatre: the largest collection of pre WWII Theatres in the US (13 in all)
• Chinese Theatre in Hollywood
• The Griffith Observatory (Rebel Without a Cause)
• Music Center: the second largest performing arts center in the US, with five theatres including Disney Hall, and the Dorthy Chandler Pavillon, home of the Oscar telecast for nearly two decades
• Venice Beach Boardwalk including the Venice Canals
Los Angeles is home to the invention of the Cobb Salad, French Dip, Food Trucks, and the ubiquity of Thai food, Tacos, and the Wheat Grass with Garlic
Power Shake. Breakfast, Lunch, and Supper will include being at table at some of the following :
• The Pantry, they never close, the front door does not have a lock
• El Cholo, one of the oldest restaurants in LA
• Grand Central Market, a grocery and food hall rated by Bon Appetite Magazine 2014 as one of the 10 best restaurants in America
• Enjoy a culinary scavenger hunt in the historic Arts District of downtown LA, home to dozens of top rated restaurants